The Necessity of Myth
Mythical thinking, metaphoric thinking, supernormal thinking, are human constants. As a modern people we refuse to accept that we are illogical animals and are never bound by reason, rather that reason is bound by us. We convince ourselves that our intellect not merely rules, but like YHWH is a jealous god and is the ONLY thing rattling around in our brains. Finding our emotionality and our intuitive, creative energies so distasteful, we push our magical thinking to our subconscious, where it continues to work, but instead of being something we can utilize, it is given free rein to run wherever it will. So, in attempting to convince ourselves that we are rational beings, we make ourselves and our world increasingly irrational. And while doing so, we divide ourselves in two, making for a broken experience of life, in which we strive to see reason, but are constantly threatened by what appears to be madness, but is merely the human need for the non-linear, non Cartesian, non-Aristotelian.
The social sciences, being thoroughly applied, struggle with the enormity of how non-scientific they really are. The disproof of one author's position is based in the support of the next author's position. When his position is disproved, we do the field a disservice if we do not reappraise the first author again.
If this is your first site
Then there are some things you need to know:
- You can configure all security and other settings online, using the Site Manager. When you invite other people to help build this site they don't have access to the Site Manager unless you make them administrators like yourself. Check out the Permissions section.
- Your Wikidot site has two menus, one at the side called 'nav:side', and one at the top called 'nav:top'. These are Wikidot pages, and you can edit them like any page.
- To edit a page, go to the page and click the Edit button. You can change everything in the main area of your page. The Wikidot language is easy to learn but powerful.
- You can attach images and other files to any page, then display them and link to them in the page.
- Every Wikidot page has a history of edits, and you can undo anything. So feel secure, and experiment.
- You can choose different themes in the Site Manager, and you can write your own theme if you know CSS.
- To start a forum on your site, see the Site Manager » Forum.
- If you want to learn more, make sure you visit the Documentation section at www.wikidot.com
If you've already created other sites
Then we don't need to tell you how addictive Wikidot is. But maybe it's worth reminding you of some of the advanced Wikidot features:
- You can run your Wikidot site on its own web domain name.
- You can use Google Analytics to measure traffic going to your site.
- We are also offering you a way to earn money from your wiki using our advertising implementation (feature available for Pro accounts).
We hope you enjoy using Wikidot as much as we do. If you want to discuss Wikidot, there's an active community of Wikidot enthusiasts where you can share tips and ideas.
Pro accounts start at $49.90 per year
If you do not have a Pro account yet, check out the our subscription plans and see which upgrade plan fits you most.